AKIPRESS.COM - Training on disaster preparedness and response over the COVID-19 pandemic kicked off in the Chingeltei district of the Mongolian capital on Wednesday.
"We are organizing the emergency response training to coordinate inter-sectoral cooperation, examine preparedness of public organizations, and improve their emergency response tactics against the outbreak of COVID-19," Deputy Prime Minister Ulziisaikhan Enkhtuvshin said during an opening ceremony speech, Xinhua reports.
The training will last three days under the theme "Interactions and Responses to COVID-19 epidemic," said Enkhtuvshin, who also heads the country's State Emergency Commission.
During the training, a curfew will be imposed across Chingeltei district, which is home to around 160,000 residents, on Thursday from 6 p.m. (1000 GMT) to 6 a.m. on Friday, according to the official.
As of Wednesday, Mongolia has reported a total of 41 COVID-19 cases.
All confirmed cases, including four foreign nationals, are imported. There have been no local transmissions and deaths reported in Mongolia so far.